Monday 17 September 2012

New Design: the Bohemian Princess bouquet!



I'm really excited to show you my latest design - Bohemian Princess, inspired by festivals, folk lore, country fairs, arts, crafts and midsummer evenings.


This design is my quirkiest yet and possibly my most fun to design and source all the materials for!
Most of the buttons are wooden, and it features some that are hand painted. Many other different styles are included such as a variety of vintage plastic buttons. This bouquet has so many different buttons and charming details, you'll be finding new treaures each time you look at it!


I wanted this bouquet to appeal to all of your senses, paying particular attention to the movement and sound of this design. Inspired by morris dancers at a countryside fair, I chose to use lots of tiny bells for a very fun and cute gentle jingle! I also played with a mixture of colours and textures, with golden chains and embroidery thread roses hanging delicately from the buttons.


The bouquet has been finished off with 2 layers of hand gathered silk ribbon - a total of 4 metres for a thick ruffle statement. The stem is wrapped with ribbon of a similar finish, creating a bright and exciting bouquet with many tactile details to admire and cherish forever!

Feel free to ask me any questions about my latest design at emmamorledge@msn.com.

Emma x.

No comments:

Post a Comment